Tuesday 10 June 2008

You have to love it when something that should be SO common sense finally hits you in the face. It should be an obvious idea that our own personal walk with the Lord can and most definitely will affect other people. It determines how we deal with things and the decisions we make. However obvious that should be, it hit me in an altogether new light this past week.

When we don't set aside the time to spend in the Word and in prayer really seeking and learning about Christ, not only do we falter, but others around us can as well. By the way we act, the things we say or don't say, the decisions we make, and the list goes on. I have found when my consistency is not there, I will hurt myself and possibly others, and that scares me. That I could put aside the most important thing and cause someone else to be hurt in the process.

I know that when I push aside my time with the Lord, it affects my attitude. My attitude can be awful, my patience is non-existent (although I never have it in spades haha), and my decision making is not near its peak. It truly affects my entire day...And yet I still at times allow myself to get caught up in other things. How dense we are as humans...to know exactly what needs to be done for growth and yet at times refuse to do it. I am thankful God has hit me upside the head the last few days over this, and really convicted me of it. Oh, the stupid things we do far too often. Thank goodness our God is one of mercy and grace...and so importantly one of patience.

No comments: