Saturday 17 May 2008

Bad decisions. Seems to be the theme the last several months...but this is not one I made; actually the last few have not been made by me, but by guys. How does it work out men always get put in the positions that give them the power to make important decisions?! I mean I understand God gave them the leadership role, but I don't like that right now... Unfortunately, when your heart somewhere along the way gets lost in something, you lose the power to control it. All of sudden you have handed it over, along with being able to protect it from hurt.

Yesterday, I found my dean had made a stupid decision. A very insensitive decision. I have technically graduated. All of my grades are in, and I have maintained my 4.0 the entire time while in the PTA program. However, because of this last surgery, I have 10 makeup days in a clinical rotation. I am at the point in this rotation that I can't/won't fail. All I want is my transcript so that I can take the National Board Exam and begin working full-time. I don't mind finishing the days, but if I don't have my transcript next week, the school will have to hold it until the middle of August. That pushes me back until September to start working as a licensed PTA. He doesn't seem to care. The other faculty members all okayed it, but no, he has to ignore what I want and feel is the best for me, and veto it.

Are guys really this stupid?! There is no point for him making this decision... I have never asked to be shown special treatment because of the two brain surgeries. I have made up everything that I missed, and I did it well. My classmates were amazing and helped me study and catch up. He doesn't seem to remember all of that.He can't complain about my GPA, or anything else...and yet, he still makes this decision. Sometimes I wonder if these stupid decisions that get made really are "in my best interest" (as I am told more than once) or if its just easier for him. Sometimes COMPROMISE is necessary...I don't think guys are good at that ha. You don't always have to go to one extreme when making a decision...

AH!?! Oh well, here is another decision that gets made me for me, and I just have to accept it. HoLy SmOkEs...I don't like, nor am I any good at, accepting things like this... I feel like my heart has had to deal with enough the last few months and been on a rollercoaster of emotions already...I really didn't need this to add to it. Not to mention what news I will get from the two doctors next Tuesday...Guess this is where an extra dose of faith comes in that God can take a man's bad decision and work it out. :)

No comments: