Saturday 17 May 2008

I would like to play some "Grit Ball"

God is faithful to give us what we need, exactly when we need it. A friend came over earlier, and it was good to catch up (while getting some sun :P). Girl talk is always needed, and just being able to be honest with each other with about where we are with some things right now. And then tonight, I was supposed to go meet some people out, but my fever ended up coming back (its been up and down lately w/the cold sweats so its pretty miserable haha). So I opted out and decided to watch movies instead. I started with "The Royal Tennenbaums" and then decided I needed some Madea in my life tonight to finish it out. (Tyler Perry's movies and plays if you don't know. I chose the play "Madea's Class Reunion." It gave me the laugh I needed tonight, but as he always does, he provides with an underlying theme in a comical way. This one has a lot with forgiveness... And even if Madea takes it a little to an extreme to make it funny, its all so true. You have to let the past go before you can move on and really allow something good to come from a bad situation or decision... Holding on to something only hurts you, the other person probably doesn't even care that you were hurt...So don't think staying upset helps anything, especially you. Here's a little clip...(You need to rent some if you haven't before.)

Madea-"Theres one little test most people fail-forgiveness. Its deep. You have to forgive people yourmom, dad et. Not for them, but for you. Youre walking around holding on to all that stuff and theyre sleepin at night. You cant fly with a whole bunch of stuff holding ya down."

Stephanie-"I understand the forgiveness thing, but I dont have to forget do I?"

Madea- "Hell no! You gotta remember, you aint go through all that for nothing. You remember so that you dont let it happen again. And another thing, don't let some guy think you're weak-Oh please don't hurt me. If he does, you beat the hell out of him. All you gotta do is have to lose your mind one time...You gotta go so crazy that it scare you."

Hahaha if you haven't seen it, this may not make the most sense...But I LOVE it!!!

No comments: