Thursday 22 May 2008

Please...I would LOVE more input. HA!

So, everyone tends to think they have the answers for me. And when it comes to relationships, they seem to "know all." HA! Except, they forget to ask me what I want. They feel it is far past time for me to at least give someone a shot. I got a phone call the other night from one of the fam frustrated at me that I said "no" once again to another guy that had asked me out. :) It kills them that I have no interest in even the ones that are sweet, attractive, and do well for themselves. I could care less what they do, I meet plenty of well to do guys and it makes no difference to me. The latest one they want to kill me for, is the beautiful nuclear engineer. haha They want me to "go out", "have fun", "live a little", "give him a chance." No thank you. I have enough friends I can have fun with.

They just love to laugh as they think about who I actually will bring home. They say either he will be a doormat and allow me to do whatever I want, or he will realize I can be a handful and will step up to the challenge. Lets be honest, I won't settle for the first one :). They try and warn "potentials" not to act too interested at the beginning with me or try and call/take up too much of my time. I pretty much bolt with those...Don't smother me or you don't have a chance. I want someone who is just as driven as I am. Yes, it will happen someday(I do want a family and have no objections as to how soon) and I do want to be with a good guy that actually gets to my heart...But believe me, its just SO much fun listening to everyone give me a hard time either over the fact I am not dating right now, or the ones I say "no" to. Oh well, its not them or their life. Its me. I think Scott knows it best when he told me its not the other guys or problems with them...Its the fact my heart has already made up its mind.

Perhaps he knows what he is talking about, and perhaps one of these days I will get around to really dealing with that.

No comments: