Tuesday 6 May 2008

The Precious Angels That Left Too Soon


So it sometimes seems that when God wants to show or teach us something, or even just be able to better comfort a friend, He doesn't just show us with one; He shows us with multiple loved ones. You have the old saying, "when it rains it pours."


Working in healthcare and especially in the hospitals makes you realize just how precious life is-no matter if it has only just been conceived, or if it has been through life's long journey and is now about at the end. You are reminded daily how important it is to tell those that mean the most to you, just how you feel about them. I have seen this last year patients that have been on their deathbeds, just diagnosed with cancer that can't be treated, and parents watching their new baby in the NICU not make it. In the last several months I have had more than one very dear friend lose their baby-sometimes its an early miscarriage and sometimes its fullterm and born still. However God is reasoning, He wants that baby with Him and not here with us. Whatever time God chooses to take that baby back to Him still leaves that void and questions that won't ever be answered here on earth. Either way it causes a stream of emotions and a broken heart.


This quickly approaching weekend is why I think I have this on my heart, and my heart just aches over it. Its Mother's Day. For most people its a very happy day of being with family and reliving old memories and just being together. For some, its a reminder of someone that isn't there that should have been...a mom that has already passed on or a baby being missed -whether that baby had a nursery all ready for him or her, or his mom never had a chance to hold him because he was lost too early. For a mom, it doesn't matter how short or how long she knew about that precious little baby...that was someone that was part of her and that doesn't ever change. I know this weekend will be especially hard for one of my sweet friends because she is having the memorial service for her precious Sydney Grace. I wish I could stop the pain of that loss...But God allowed it for some reason, and she was too precious to Him to share with the rest of us. All we can do now is pray for healing...and trust in His sovereignty.


A patient of mine today was talking to me, and I was asking her how exactly she had gotten hurt. She started telling me and then explained to me that she had cancer; it had started in her breast, spread to her lungs, hips, bones, and lymph nodes. There was nothing else she could do or the doctors could do except to try and control her pain level. She has three daughters and 9 grandchildren. She doesn't know if this will be her last Mother's Day. Things like this have just really gotten to me lately... Don't take life for granted...no matter how early or late. I feel like most of the time, we procrastinate and assume we have all of the time in the world to get things done and to tell the people that are there for us, regardless of what we do, how much they do mean to us. I know for the kids that have lost their mom, they would give anything to tell their mom one more how much they loved them. And for the mom's that have lost their babies (whether in a miscarriage or after delivery) what they would give to be able to hold that baby one time.... Life is just too short to wait around and get to it later.


They Say Love is Blind


They say love is blind and you made this true.I never got to place you in a outfit either pink or blue.Never rocked you in my arms as you quietly slept.Not one tear did i get to dry as you sadly wept.


I loved you none the less with all of my heart.My world crashing down when we were torn apart.I dream of you wrapped in a blanket of a white angel wing.The lullaby you hear is the comfort I wanted to bring.


I still hold you everyday the only way i know how.God doesn't take my love for you this much he does allow.It is as stong as it would have been if I would have seen you.After my journey in life is done I will carry my love through.


It will carry me straight to you, you will never be hard to find.We will be together and I will hold the love that was blind.Looking into eyes that are mine that show a soul I made.I will place you upon my chest where you always should have laid.


They say love is blind and you made this come true.I will place you in an outfit either pink or blue.I will rock you in my arms as you quietly sleep.I will dry your tears as you happily weep.




"before i held you in my arms, i held you in my heart. that is where you began and where you will always be." (unknown)

No comments: