Tuesday 27 May 2008

This morning I was reading a devotional from Joni Eareckson Tada. The scripture she gave was, "From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work." -Ephesians 4:16 But her main point was more about how we handle what comes at us. One of the best things we can do for our brothers and sisters in Christ is to gain victory in our trials. We affect one another spiritually by what we are and do individually. And because there is an intimate link between us as believers, your failures affect others, while your victories inspire and encourage them. It was a needed reminder for me today. Not that we are going to be overly bubbly when we are going through hard times, but that underlying acceptance and faith is so very important for those on the outside looking in.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Jessi my young lady...oh how wonderful to hear from you and just find out recently of your health issues and then find out that your surgery went really well. I know you may have some pt in front of you, or hopefully maybe thats done. I hope so. Yes, we MUST go camping. I love that we have reconnected after several if not more years. You have always been special to me. Love ya girl.

What you wrote last was aimed right between my eyes like one of those little plastic guns, plastic darts. I dont like to think or talk about the real guns..so I will use the plastic ones.

You are so wise beyond your years. But come to think about it, you always have been. How true are your statements. I wrote alot of it all out, so I could carry it home with me and post it right in front of my face. Thank you, for I believe God sent me there to your blog TODAY for a reason. Isn't it amazing what God does.

I am at work, so I am being brief, but now that we are hooked up..there will be more. I know you are greiving for our Lyss, just as much as I am. It's such a helpless feeling, isn't not knowing how to comfort her.

Anyways...love you and I will talk
soon. Be good, and thanks again for your blog message.
CB